Anna's Retired

AKA THE NUTSHELL, VOLUME 3. After my Mom suddenly died 55 yrs young, I journalled every morning over coffee. When I filled a complete notebook,it represented my life in a Nutshell, which felt "Nuts" at the time. Writing is an armor against what is bothering you, a "shell" of sorts. So I enteratined myself by flipping that journal over and writing "the Nutshell" on the front...I found it so clever I named the second notebook I filled "The Nutshell, Volume 2". Sometimes you feel like a Nut...

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Thursday June 15

Another day another workout. Today's HIIT was less than exciting. Yesterday's was EXCITING-I felt like I was running ABOVE the treadmill. Level 6 was 5.0. level 7 was 5.5, level 8 was 6.0, level 9 was a whopping 7.2 and level 10 was an8.1!n That is one arse kicking cardio session. Today I was feeling kind of dizzy, was going to do some steady state but Ellen missed her nap, and was due to eat so I decided to do some steady state and in order to get a little more bang for my buck sinc ei really needed to cut it short add in 3 intervals. Could not replicate yesterday's intervals without hyper-dang-ventilating. But I did it. 3 times. Have no idea how I did it 5 times yesterday.

Forget the discouragement about the weight. I feel tight and firm and light on my feet. The new promises and the new affirmations and the VERY short term goals are doing the trick.

In talks with another gym franchise. He asked me what my plans were in an email and writing my response was clarifying for me. But...

Will I regret adding more to this life or will it be just the ticket for me? I don't know. Most people spend all their time 'wishing' they 'had time' could 'slow down' and they don't do the things in their power to control that and make those things a reality. So here I am with nothing on my plate than Ellen and wiling away afternoons, and I like it and am so thankful for it and find myself realizing I am living that dream I had sitting in my office downtown. Then I go and start conversations with franchises and people and I am wondering, should I just let it go before I get right back in the same boat or is it meaningful that I keep returning. Is it just the human nature of wanting more more more?

3 Comments:

  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger GClef1970 said…

    You're a better woman than I. I haven't done a true BFL HIIT in months and months. I was disgusted that my levels today were:
    level 5 - 3.0
    level 6 - 4.0
    level 7 - 4.5
    level 8 - 5.0
    level 9 - 5.5
    level 10 - 6.5

    And that was more than enough. How pitiful!! Maybe I'll get some speed back soon. A 10 is a 10, right? :-/

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Anna said…

    I have really got so say that opening sentence of yours. NOS O. However I am quite tickled with my runs these days. I am throwing caution to the wind and not letting fear slow me down. Like if I fall or faint,what the hell. I do think taking on teh new interal challenge will shock your body and rock your body! I am looking forward to seeing the results of this new plan.

    I do have some misgiving s bout the 3 weeks no freeday but I digress (wink...)....
    :)

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Anna said…

    Should say "NOT SO"...but of course, you are used to me by now. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home