Anna's Retired

AKA THE NUTSHELL, VOLUME 3. After my Mom suddenly died 55 yrs young, I journalled every morning over coffee. When I filled a complete notebook,it represented my life in a Nutshell, which felt "Nuts" at the time. Writing is an armor against what is bothering you, a "shell" of sorts. So I enteratined myself by flipping that journal over and writing "the Nutshell" on the front...I found it so clever I named the second notebook I filled "The Nutshell, Volume 2". Sometimes you feel like a Nut...

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Squirrel Weekend

I am totally uninspired and not as thoughtful today but it's not a reflection of things being uninteresting, that is for sure. Not only was this weekend the annual SQUIRREL WEEKEND, it was just fabulous I thought. Those girls have turned out to be a group of women that no matter what are kind, fair and supportive to me. I cannot say that for all the people I have loved in my life (family and friends alike). Not one of them has ever intentionally hurt me for selfish reasons or ever will. That is a REAL FRIEND. I think they are Mom's way of looking out for me sometimes. I hope I have been the same to them.

Dinner on Friday was so wonderful for me. I drove the whole 13 minutes with all the windows down, the music up and decidedly over the speed limit. Then I happily had 1 margarita and found I am a lightweight and stopped there so I sobered up through dinner with the girls. Then I got home just in time for Birdie's 12 pm feeding and went to bed. I was dragging Sat am so Mike took the girls for a run. He showed back up with a special suprise. As he was passing the thrift store, this was out in front...now the little car she was in that he had to hold her in the reverse choke hold is a thing of the past....

So despite the fact that it was $3 whopping dollars, I think he would have paid $300.00 given this expression.

Have I mentioned that love is a baby????

Saturday was equally as fabulous-an afternoon at the spa, and then dinner downtown Athens, we were there for 3 or 4 hours and the topics of convo were great I thought. I again arrived home in time for Birdie's midnight feeding and went to bed. If it had not been for the newborn and 6 month old, we'd have been out of town again and I WOULD HAVE LOVED THAT. But this was a good starter break for all parties, and Ellen didn't suffer too much, she missed one feeding and even tho she ate like she was starving Sunday morning, she slept fine, so she didnt pay a big price for Mama's fun. And SuperDad allowed me 2 (!!!) naps on Sunday after being the caretaker all weekend and managed to do as much if not more parenting than I did yesterday. Feeling like one one lucky squirrel mama.

On the fitness front I am still working out. And recording what I eat. And still opposed to goals. They seem to be the hallmark of those who dont reach them to me lately. Big elaborate plans that turn out to be pipe dreams. Not that I haven't come along way, I have. But I am ready to just appreciate where I am instead of feel like a failure for not having reached my 'goals' for a while. It's nice.

Just got off the phone and Ellen Rose will be starting Parents Morning Out in September. There is an orientation and everything! I am so stoked I can hardly see straight. It is at the church that is spitting distance from here and it comes highly recommended, so am not having one ounce of reservation.

p.s. Birdie turns 10 months tomorrow. WOW.

OK, so I did have alot to say. Shocker.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:49 AM, Blogger GClef1970 said…

    So great to hear when others see the blessings in their lives. It makes you reflect upon your own. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home