Anna's Retired

AKA THE NUTSHELL, VOLUME 3. After my Mom suddenly died 55 yrs young, I journalled every morning over coffee. When I filled a complete notebook,it represented my life in a Nutshell, which felt "Nuts" at the time. Writing is an armor against what is bothering you, a "shell" of sorts. So I enteratined myself by flipping that journal over and writing "the Nutshell" on the front...I found it so clever I named the second notebook I filled "The Nutshell, Volume 2". Sometimes you feel like a Nut...

Friday, July 28, 2006

DORI 2006 Update

So as promised (I sometimes hate my own self promises) an update on how I feel about my progress...

Well, I am not ripped and August is days away so time to rethrink the next goal. I am however much more fit that I was and a smidge smaller in the weight/size department. I think with a bit more dedication I could be closer this this goal, but I also think I've made very good progress towards it and the last month has not been wasted at all. An interesting discovery - I keep a spreadsheet where I log my weight, my mood and my body image (assigning a number rating to the latter 2). I guess the researcher in me wants to see if my mood is dictated by my weight or if my body image is or vice versa. So far, no correlation. My mood has been up, my body image neutral to negative with a couple of peaks I guess, and my weight shows a steady downward trend. HOw's that for some fitnomics. Hey..."fitnomics"..do I have an idea for future clients? I digress.

The big strides over the last 2 months have abeen a significant increase in cardio fitness, a loss of maybe 4 pounds and some strength gains (curling 15-20 lbs, walking lunges with 17.5's, 15 full suspended body weight dips). In the kitchen, I've decided the key for me is control my blood sugar, thereby controlling my hunger, and enabling me to make better food choices. I've discovered my penchant for sugar is a bit of a road blcok and to regulate this will take me to the next level, if not the ultimate level. I don't like to eliminate food groups as a rule, but refined sugar doesn't really add anything to the diet, and it really affects my blood sugar. The big change I've made is not eating fruit by itself in the afternoon...what felt like reaching for a healthy snack was really setting me up to be reavenous waaay before dinner. That change alone has helped. So for the next few days until August, I'll stick with the DORI 2006 plan (gotta see those self promises through yada, yada, yada) and see where that gets me. Next Tuesday Iwill report the results and a new set of time-contrained goals.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    DORI? Fitnomics...hmmm...I'm liking it.

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    DORI? Fitnomics...hmmmm...I'm liking it! BTW, I am so glad I can see your pictures now :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home