Anna's Retired

AKA THE NUTSHELL, VOLUME 3. After my Mom suddenly died 55 yrs young, I journalled every morning over coffee. When I filled a complete notebook,it represented my life in a Nutshell, which felt "Nuts" at the time. Writing is an armor against what is bothering you, a "shell" of sorts. So I enteratined myself by flipping that journal over and writing "the Nutshell" on the front...I found it so clever I named the second notebook I filled "The Nutshell, Volume 2". Sometimes you feel like a Nut...

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A promise is a promise

So as part of the DORI2006, I promised to journal about my body one time a week. I almost conveniently forgot to do this. Let's see, I feel like I no longer look fat, and I feel that I appear to be in at least average shape, and I feel proud of my runs and of the compliments I got from the big guy at the gym. But I thnk I am ralizing I am still a stocky little pudgy not-there-yet girl. It's good for ME, but not not where I want to ultimately BE. I feel that I am in better shape than my body looks like it is in. I feel thick and pudgy and feel like this is where I always lay off, b/c I am in good shape and again, its a good weight/size for me compared to where I was/have been. But I still have that 20 lbs to lose. Not feeling great, not feeling terrible. Right now, I am feeling like I'd like to bust this plateau and not look back. This is a low weight for me, so I have to really do some critical changing to go from stout and pudgy but in shape to sleek, lean and in no way chubby at all. ON the elliptical yesterday I was thining about this lady in her 50;s that comes in and does the elliptical daily. She has pretty great legs and she is slim and in shape, but she still looks 50. I started thinking about how she looks slimmer than I do and I am 31 and if I dont quit screwing around I am going to miss an opporunity to have a great body and live life with superior health and kickin physique b/c at some point your body kind of betrays the hard work you put into it. I'm 31, I could feasibly spend the next 10 years (at least) in a better body than most of the teeny boppers I see. But not if I dont quit screwing around. So I am at that point where its easy to feel good and stop, but I get so disappointed when I see my stocky self in the mirror, so I gotta keep on keepin on....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home