Anna's Retired

AKA THE NUTSHELL, VOLUME 3. After my Mom suddenly died 55 yrs young, I journalled every morning over coffee. When I filled a complete notebook,it represented my life in a Nutshell, which felt "Nuts" at the time. Writing is an armor against what is bothering you, a "shell" of sorts. So I enteratined myself by flipping that journal over and writing "the Nutshell" on the front...I found it so clever I named the second notebook I filled "The Nutshell, Volume 2". Sometimes you feel like a Nut...

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Ellen Rose 10 months

The maters are finally coming in. Ellen and I have taken to driving the pink car out to the garden and loading her 'trunk' up since we are getting more than a handful lately. She insists on carrying at least one back in the house.















We also tried a popsicle (GrandDad's suggestion a while ago) and she was less impressed with eating than she was 'sharing it', and I was not prepared for the ATTACK OF THE POPSICLE MONSTER...




















This is huge news around here-HOLD and DRINK from a sippy cup. YEHAW for self-feeding.









And we've been trying and trying to get a picture of her sleeping, it's scary to do b/c the risk of waking her is high but oh so worth it. Mike got this one-he is the brave one. I know I'll never stop wanting to watch her sleep. I love how her hair grows forward and is always pointed at her face and there are little tufts of curls int h back--she is very 70's that way. Like her name should be Ralph or Larry and she needs some big smoky glasses and some polyester pants.















to be continued...



1 Comments:

  • At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So sweet....awww...I love the sleeping one. Great post! Gina

     

Post a Comment

<< Home