Anna's Retired

AKA THE NUTSHELL, VOLUME 3. After my Mom suddenly died 55 yrs young, I journalled every morning over coffee. When I filled a complete notebook,it represented my life in a Nutshell, which felt "Nuts" at the time. Writing is an armor against what is bothering you, a "shell" of sorts. So I enteratined myself by flipping that journal over and writing "the Nutshell" on the front...I found it so clever I named the second notebook I filled "The Nutshell, Volume 2". Sometimes you feel like a Nut...

Friday, June 23, 2006

Being "that girl' this weekend


It's time to develop some new habits if I am really serious about this goal. In addition to reaching for personal bests at workouts, I need to STOP celebrating the weekend with 'reward' food. This is nothing more than a habit I have programmed myself to do and its going to have to be DE programmed!!

So I visualized what it would be like to live in the body I always dreamed of and I want to try being that person this weekend. So I have to ask myself, what would "that person" do? What do *I* need to do in order to wake up Monday morning and be light on my feet?

Read affirmations and goals 4 times a day, at least once out loud
Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables often to stave off hunger
carry 2 apples, and an emergency bar at all times
still drink a gallon of water each day
Enjoy the company and the atmosphere instead of the bread at the Friday night dinner out.
avoid overeating at all costs...stuffing myself to discomfort is unhealthy and not a habit of the person I want to be!!!
Strive for personal bests i workouts rather than settling for a good long walk with the fam as MY 'workout.'
Consider this my signature...
Anna

1 Comments:

  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger GClef1970 said…

    You might have read on the board, Julie and I have a plan going where we're both skipping free day this weekend, I'm taking one free meal on the 28th (our 10 year anniversary!) and no free day next weekend, either. Jules is doing this to gear up for a vacation. I'm doing it to break the cycle of gorging on the weekends. Wanna join us?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home